Senco Gold Limited, a public limited company with its registered office at 41A, AJC Bose Road, Diamond Prestige, 10 th Floor, Kolkata – 700 017, West Bengal, India is committed to protecting your privacy.
We know that you care how information about you is used and shared, and we appreciate your trust that we will do so carefully and as per the applicable laws in India. This Privacy Notice (the “Notice”) describes how SGL and its affiliates (collectively referred to as “Company”, “We”, “Us”, “Our” or “SGL”) collect and process your personal information (defined below) through SGL websites, devices, products, services, online marketplace and applications that reference this notice.
This notice shall apply to the Users (defined below) of this website and the App (the website and the App collectively referred to as “Platform”) and when you use our services on this platform you agree to our use of your personal information, including sensitive personal information data or Information (“SPDI”) in accordance with this notice, as may be amended from time to time by us at our discretion. You also agree and consent to us collecting, storing, processing, transferring, and sharing your personal information, including SPDI with third parties or service providers for the purposes set out in this notice.
For the purposes of this notice the users of this platform shall be referred to as “Users”, “You”, “Your” or “Yourself”.
When you use our platform, please note that our platform may contain links to other third-party websites. OUR PRIVACY NOTICE DOES NOT APPLY TO INFORMATION THAT YOU PROVIDE TO, OR THAT IS COLLECTED BY, ANY THIRD-PARTY THROUGH OUR WEBSITE AND/ OR APP, AND ANY THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES THAT YOU ACCESS OR USE IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICES OFFERED THROUGH OUR WEBSITE AND/ OR APP. THE COMPANY SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR AND HAS NO CONTROL OVER THE PRACTICES AND CONTENT OF ANY SUCH THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES.
We use your personal information to operate, provide, develop and improve the products and services that we offer users.
The categories of information that we process include:
1. Personal information: We may collect the personal information from you such as your name, gender, email address, mobile and/or telephone numbers, service address, date of birth, profile picture, contact details of people you refer to us and other information about the service address that you give us, information provided by you while initiating a transaction, including and without limitation, search words, location, products or services being sought, reviews, rating, order details and history, pictures of items ordered or for which a task is run and all chat history, etc.
2. Sensitive personal data or information: We may collect sensitive personal data or Information such as passwords and financial information such as PAN details (“Financial Information”), to process payments for some of our services. We do not ask you for any financial information, including credit card account data or other payment data, to process payments for our services, which is handled by the respective payment gateways. We do not store any financial information provided to us. However, for transactions above INR 2,00,000 (Indian Rupees Two Lakhs only), we store the pan details of the users.
We use personal data to:
1. To fulfil orders: We use your personal information to take and fulfil orders, deliver products and services, process payments, and communicate with you about orders, products and services and promotional offers;
2. Provide, troubleshoot, and improve Services: We use your personal information to provide functionality, analyse performance, fix errors, and improve the usability and effectiveness of our services;
3. Recommend and specialise: We use your personal information to recommend features, products, and services that might be of interest to you, identify your preferences, and personalize your experience with our services;
4. Provide voice, image and camera services: When you use our voice, image and camera services, we use your voice input, images, videos and other personal Information to respond to your requests, provide the requested service to you, and improve our services;
5. Comply with legal obligations: In certain cases, we collect and use your personal Information to comply with laws;
6. Communicate with You: We use your personal Information to communicate with you in relation to our services via different channels (e.g., by phone, e-mail, chat);
7. Prevent Fraud and Credit Risks: We use your personal Information to prevent and detect fraud and abuse in order to protect the security of our customers, SGL and others, whose rights and freedom are prejudicially affected;
8. Respond to your comments, reviews and questions, provide customer support and better Service;
9. Communicate important notices or changes to the Services provided by SGL on the Platform, use of the platform and the terms/policies which govern the relationship between You and the SGL;
10. Undertake a task to fulfil any other purpose with your consent.
We share your information with third parties and third-party service providers, promotion and marketing partners, consultants, business partners including merchants, who support our business, to carry out your service requests and fulfil such service requests in connection with our services.
We may also share your personal Information including financial information with third party payment service providers like payment gateways, payment aggregator and other payment service providers for the purpose of fulfilling services to you.
If you provide a mobile phone number and/or e-mail address, SGL and/or vendors responsible for customer service may call you or send you communications in relation to your use of the platform or your any transaction initiated by you on the platform. SGL will share/transfer some or all of the collected information, personal Information or otherwise, with another business entity should we (or Our assets) plan to merge with, or be acquired by that business entity, or reorganization, amalgamation, restructuring of business, in connection with or during negotiation of any merger, financing, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, transaction or proceeding. Should such a transaction occur, that other business entity or the new combined entity, will be contractually bound to comply with the terms of this Policy.
We do not disclose personal Information about identifiable individuals to advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate and/or anonymised information about you and other registered users, to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target.
We may be mandated to share your personal Information with any legal, regulatory and/or law enforcement agencies in the event of regulatory inquiries/investigation/ or any reporting requirement under different statutes or any other statutory obligations under applicable laws in India.
We are committed to protecting your Personal Information in our custody. We take reasonable steps to ensure appropriate physical, technical and managerial safeguards are in place to protect your personal Information from unauthorized access, alteration, transmission and deletion. We use encryption at relevant points to protect your personal information. We have a process for regularly testing the effectiveness of our technical and organizational measures for ensuring the security of the processing. We ensure that the service providers/third party vendors provide services to us under appropriate confidentiality agreements and are required to take appropriate security measures to protect your personal Information in line with our policies.
We retain your personal information for such period as required under the relevant laws, as applicable from time to time. However, we may retain data related to you if there is a legal obligation to retain the data; if required to comply with any applicable statutory or regulatory retention requirement by law; if we believe it may be necessary to prevent fraud or future abuse; to enable Company to exercise its legal rights and/or defend against legal claims; or for other legitimate purposes. We may continue to retain your data in anonymised form for analytical and research purposes.
You have the right:
1. To provide consent for us to collect your personal Information;
2. To ask us to provide you access to your information that we hold;
3. To have your personal Information rectified, if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
4. To withdraw your consent, in writing at any point in time;
5. To request the deletion or removal of personal data where there is no compelling reason for its continued processing;
6. To restrict our processing of your personal Information (i.e. permitting its storage but no further processing);
7. To object to direct marketing, including profiling, and processing for the purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics;
8. To complain to the Grievance Officer if you are of the view that your personal Information is not processed in accordance with the purposes as disclosed in this notice;
9. Not to be subject to decisions based purely on automated processing where it has adversely affects you, whether legally or otherwise.
To exercise these rights with respect to Your Personal Information, you may reach out to Us at the details given under the ‘Contact Us’ section below.
However, these rights are not absolute in nature and are subjected to contractual obligations, applicable legislation, record keeping requirement under applicable statutes, ongoing disputes or potential disputes that SGL may foresee.
We shall take reasonable steps in facilitating Your rights.
In the event, you are of the view that our personal Information is not processed in accordance with the purposes as disclosed in this notice, you also have a right to lodge a complaint with the Grievance Officer, contact details of which is provided below:
Mr. Rajib De.
Office for Grievance Redressal, Senco Gold Limited
41A AJC Bose Road, 10th Floor
(T): 033 4021 5000/ 5004
In case of breach of information, we will notify you via email or a phone call, on record with us at the time when We are aware of such breach, at the earliest time as practicable.
For any further queries related to privacy of your personal Information, your rights under applicable laws in India or concerns regarding this notice, you could reach us at:
We will take reasonable steps to resolve your queries at the earliest. However, in any event we will provide you the response within a period of 1 (one) month from the receipt of such requests. In case we are unable to address your concern within the said period, we will communicate the same along with reason for the delay during the said period.